Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Whimsical Quilting

Whimsical quilting is just for fun!  On this baby quilt I stitched three wavy lines in the border with swirls in the corners.  Then I added a row of bubbles on the thin border and a wiggle line cross hatching in the blue/green checked section.  


Swirls in the swirly fabric and angled uneven cross hatching in the green section.






Wavy waves in the blue strip.






Here's a full view of the quilt before I embroidery stitched the binding.
A close up of the wavy lines in the borders and swirly corners.


This photo shows an up close view of the embroidery stitched binding.






This is a whimsical and creative way to quilt a baby quilt.

Marcia

6 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love all the different stitches you incorporated into the quilt. Congrats on a wonderful finish!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thank you for showing up close all those lovely stitches. Very cute quilt.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Beautiful! As a beginner at FMQ I am in awe! Can I ask what kind if batting you use? This looks so soft and fluffy, and mine seem flatter!

Unknown said...

Very cute, I really like all the different stitches you used. Some baby is very lucky

Barb H said...

Thanks so much for sharing your quilting. All of it is beautiful, but this baby quilt is the bomb! I get so many great ideas from seeing what you're doing--again, thanks so much.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Once again, you really put thought into each and every quilt and I love it!