Sunday, October 23, 2011

Woven Basket - Project Number 9

This is the last completed project at the quilting retreat.  It is a Biscuit Basket.  
We will only be here til noon and then we are on the road headed home.  I will continue to sew at home today and this week...


This is not a tutorial ... Just photos of the steps.  I used the Biscuit Basket pattern by Aunties Two*













I plan to finish projects 8 and 10 and 12 and 13 at home - hopefully in the evenings this week.  I will post when I complete them.


Thanks for following along...This was a great way to complete all my UFO's! 


Enjoy your day!


Marcia


P.S. I will answer all your comments and questions on Monday and Tuesday. I will also post tutorials over the next couple weeks about any of the projects that were my creations.  I will also share the information about any of the other patterns I purchased. Thanks! I love your comments!


My first post about the Numbered Retreat Projects - Minutes for Me Adventure

Linked with:
Freshly Pieced: Work in Progress Wednesday Oct. 26, 2011


Hand Dyed Fabrics by Quilts by Barb

*
Aunties Two
P.O. Box 2862
Portland, ME 04112
Email: auntiestwo@yahoo.com
Pattern Number AT208 - Biscuit Basket


Post about my Mom and I making the baskets last year.

11 comments:

Chris Daly said...

Dang Marcia, What are you going to do at Barb's retreat in November. I love the bonus project your made and these baskets are too cool!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

those little baskets are so great!!! I have made lots of baskets and bowls, but have never seen these! Thanks for sharing them.

Belinda said...

You are one busy woman! I don't now how you are getting all this done so quickly but hooray for you!!

Heather said...

Busy Lady! Great job on getting so much done! I love the basket, I might have to try that some day. :)

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh, I think I can see one of these being made out of Christmassy fabric! thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Cute little basket! I too can see it in holiday fabric :) I will have to look up this pattern. So perfect for gift giving!!

GerryART said...

Marcia, at our monthly quilt store meeting last week there was a discussion between myself and another quilter regarding what stiffening material is used.
Yours looks like cardboard but know is has to be something else, what did you use?
Your basket is one of my fav colors
hugs
Gerry

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are just the busy little bee this week. I haven't gotten much done myself. Oh well, too many other things to do.

Debbie said...

What a great little basket! fun.

Tina Craig said...

I bought two rolls of that stiff interfacing at a show last spring and tried to make a tote bag. It was a massive failure! I have the biscuit pattern, too, and have made one of those successfully. I'll have to reuse the failed tote strips for some baskets. Thanks for the reminder!

Martha said...

Love the biscuit basket...and all your other projects. Enjoyed my visit.