Monday, February 18, 2013

I Started My Star Quilt for Project Quilting


Our challenge this week for Project Quilting is "Wish upon a Star".  

I am using  yellows and blues for this challenge. Yes, I am making another baby quilt!

I needed some points for the stars, so I used the 2 inch Thangles. 


After dinner tonight, I stitched them.  We watched a recorded TV show and I tore off all the papers.


Tomorrow night, I will stitch the stars together and start making the quilt top.

I will share later this week, as I make more progress.

Remember to take time to play.
Marcia

Project Quilting
Season 4 - Challenge 4 
Wish upon a Star

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You sure picked some great fabrics.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh what sweet fabrics! I have a little bit of the kitties and clowns and have yet to dare use it.

Unknown said...

Very different and attractive design of quilting I love the color is so beautiful.

Cosmetic Surgery India

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Marcia,
I love a star quilt. I just finished one that I posted about today. There are so many different kinds of stars to make, I can't wait to see what you have created. I love your fabric selection. I have never used the paper to sew on, I usually just draw a line and then sew. Do you find it takes less time to sew when using the paper?. Does the paper come in different sizes. I have not seen it.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your sweet 30's fabrics! I have a stash waiting for the perfect project...

VickiT said...

That's going to be an adorable little quilt Marcia. Cannot wait to see more.

Unknown said...

You have select very good fabric for quilting. I wish you good luck for your project…It will look beautiful after accomplish.

Oncology & Cancer Surgery India

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilting fabric…I am looking for this type fabric…but not easily available.. I wish you good luck for this new project.

Cardiac Surgery India