Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wordless (Almost) Wednesday - Inspired by Project Quilting

I was totally inspired by this week's Project Quilting Challenge. I was inspired to create! I gathered up my scraps from baby quilts. I love the minkee fabrics - so soft!

The rest of this post will be wordless. I took several photos to show how I made two more "Feel the Love Blankies". I just need to add the ribbons and the flannel backing fabric.  Of course, one will be for my grandson and the other for a friend's baby.



Oh... one more thing:  I cut the scrap strips 3 inches and some of them were 3 1/2 inches. After I stitched the strips together, I cut them at 4 inches, just to make it uneven not squares.  I did not want them to line up at all!
































Enjoy!
Marcia

2 comments:

Sew Surprising said...

This is a great way to use scraps, and the minky looks so soft and cuddly. :)

Farm Quilter said...

What a wonderful, textural quilt! This would be perfect for a child with sensory disabilities or visual impairment. Totally cool!!