I tore the strips from the shirts and fat quarter. I used the skirt as the base for quilt. The skirt was cut on the bias and really did not lay flat, but I made it work.
I cut the waistband off the skirt and split it in half to make the handles of the bag. Worked perfect as it has several strips of elastic in it. Soft on your shoulder when full of food.
An inside pocket.
An outside pocket.
Brought the bottom edge of the bag up and stitched it down at the seam lines to give the bottom of the bag a base.
Stuffed full of food!
This post is linked up to Project Quilting for my entry for Project Quilting Season Five - Challenge Five.
Click HERE for a link to that post to see all the entries.