Monday, March 3, 2014

Getting Up Close to My Quilting - Whimsical Doodle Quilting

Kim from Persimon Dreams sent me her Tula Pink 100 Block Quilt to quilt with Doodle Quilting. I quilted every block with a different quilting design from loops, wiggle lines, swirls, waves, spirals, bubbles, daisies, cross hatching, meandering, and more ...



I used eight colors of thread to quilt Kim's quilt. Yes, that is a lot of re-threading, but it was worth it!








I am sharing several photos of the quilting on each of the blocks. There are 100 quilt blocks, but I only took about 40 to 50 photos of the quilt. 









Whimsical Doodle Quilting is not a perfect quilting.  It is a fun freestyle quilting. Sometimes I outlined things and sometimes I quilted around them. Whatever I thought would look best.





























I flipped the quilt over, so you can see the backside too.




I took photos from all angles so you can see all the designs and the color changes and the quilting in the borders.


















What a fun quilt to quilt!

Kim posted about her Tula Pink City Sampler 100 Block Quilt on her blog - click here.

Enjoy!

Marcia



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks Great! :)

Sheila said...

This is awesome. A feast for the eyes. A colorful, fun whimsical piece of art. I love it.

Kim said...

wow!!!!! Beautiful quilting as always Marcia!!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

This one was a fun one to quilt! Thanks for sharing all the close ups!

Love Of Quilts said...

You make it awesome!

Linda said...

This was such a fun quilt to look at. Your quilting looks great and adds so much to this fun quilt. I love your doodle quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

So much fun and whimsy quilted into that. It looks great.

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow! That is an awesome quilt!! Love your quilting, as always!!