Sunday, July 19, 2015

Crocheting with Plastic Strips from Plastic Bags

I am presenting a Crocheting Demonstration at Timberlane Coffee House in Boscobel, Wisconsin on Wednesday, July 22nd at 12:30pm.



I am NOT teaching how to crochet. You must know how to crochet. We will use 3 crocheting stitches the slip stitch, chain, and single crochet.

It is a "hands on" demonstration:
I will share how to cut the bags into one continuous strip of plastic and roll into balls
and 
how to crochet with the plastic strips.






Using the plastic stirps we will make a Lazy Daisy Flower!



Supplies: 
a pair of sharp scissors 
a small metal crochet hook 
a couple clothespins
a small jar of vaseline  

If you have a couple colorful plastic bags bring them along.

I will be bringing a tub full of colorful bags from the Netherlands and will have them available at only 20 cents each.








Here are a few things I have made using the plastic bag strips. I did not make the heart - See next photo.


This cute heart key chain was given to me as a gift when I visited my friend, Corrie in June, when I traveled to the Netherlands to see my daughter and family. I LOVE it!


I made this crocheted vase cover using several of these blue bags when I took the class in the Netherlands a year ago.


I I love the blue with the yellow flecks!




I made this little credit card purse when I took the class last year. It could be used as a mini pad holder too!





It was made from the plastic bags you get at the grocery store.


Using this yellow grocery bag, I plan to make another lazy daisy before the class on Wednesday.




If you are interested in seeing the Hands on Crocheting Demonstration on Wednesday, 
Please call Timberlane Coffee House to reserve a spot for you. 
(608) 375-9123

Timberlane Coffee House
934 Wisconsin Ave
Boscobel, Wisconsin

Click here for the link to their facebook page.

I was so inspired by Corrie at the Haak In for teaching me how to crochet with the plastic bags, that I took it one step further and now I am crocheting fabric strips that I used to just throw away.



Click here to see the post about the class I took last year.

Click here to see the post about seeing Corrie this year and about the swirls on my luggage.

Click here for "Haak In" --- Crocheting in the Netherlands facebook page.



Click here to see the post about how crocheting the plastic strips has inspired my quilting.


I am excited to share how to crochet with plastic bag strips.

Join us on Wednesday afternoon!

Marcia

1 comment:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh this looks like a lot of fun! I hope you have great fun teaching eager happy people :-)