Friday, November 8, 2013

I Love Making Blue Quilts, But.....

I am going to make a quilt with greens. Yes I said greens! I am going to Quilts by Barb's Quilt Retreat in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. This is the 11th year she has hosted quilt retreats.  I have attended every year! Last year, we all made the Celebration Quilts. Click here for the link to My Celebration Quilt. 

This year, we are all going to make "Squarey Quilts".  I am going to make a quilt for daughter and her husband.  My daughter loves greens. (I wish she loved blues.) I do have all colors in my fabric stash but mostly blues!



I folded them and laid them out on the table. Yes you can see a few blues in the there.  I may have to add a few blues just for me, since I am making it for her.


She wants a quilt similar to this one and they added blues too!




I washed, starched, and pressed my green fabrics.  I neatly folded them and layered them into a plastic container. They are already to go to the retreat with me!


I will not use all of them, but this way I will have choices. I had a lot more greens that I thought.



The plastic container wasn't full, so I added a few more blues, just in case I want to make a few blocks for another quilt in the blues.



I can't wait to start cutting and sewing!

Have a great weekend!
Marcia

3 comments:

Sewing Mom said...

It's going to be beautiful!

nancy b. said...

Exactly what Sewing Mom said! Can't wait to see the finished quilt...do you a have pattern you like for this one?

Tami C said...

You have a lovely collection of greens. I'm a big green fan and it sure looks like you are going to end up with a lovely quilt!