Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting Up Close with My Quilting - Feathering in the Borders and More!

Last week Monday's Post was Over All Feathering.  Today let's take a look at Feathering in borders and in the center of blocks.  Free Style Feathers fill a border of a quilt beautifully! 


The feathering in these borders is complimented with swirls.  The feathering is in both borders, but they are more visual on the light border.  I changed thread colors for the light and dark areas.






The feathering on this plain quilt really dresses it up. Made it look a little fancier.



My customer made this quilt three times and I quilted each one with very similar feathering.  I quilted with a light color thread in the light areas and with a green on the dark areas of the quilt. What a wonderful Christmas gift for her daughters!



This quilt was the first quilt I tried feathering  in the border, way back in 2004!  I have learned a lot since then.  Everyday is a learning experience.



Feathering in a circular fashion in the solid areas on this quilt gives it an interesting motion.   I quilted a double wiggle line in the narrow border and then more feathering in the outside border. 
Each Monday, I choose a different style of my free style quilting.  You can click on the link in the top side bar to see past posts of my quilting.  There is also a link in the side bar to my photo gallery.  I quilt customer's quilts five days a week and I take photos of my quilting to share.  I am very blessed to have job that I love... 
Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Marcia
P.S. Dont' forget to sign up with me if you are a Wantobe to win quilting prizes over at Sew We Quilt - Stasch Manicure. Wantobes win on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  If you are already a quilter stop over and see what you can win on Tuesdays and Thursdays... Prizes everyday! Click on the links in the sidebar.

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilting is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, As Usual

Miss Hillbilly said...

Love your quilting....but I also love that Asian quilt. I need to make an asian quilt someday. Then send to you for quilting!

Kathy H said...

So many beautiful quilts and gorgeous quilting. I know I need to practice, practice, practice. Your quilting is very inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing.

Traditions said...

I just wanted to say that your work is stunning!