Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sharing a Donation Quilt with Relay for Life in Prairie du Chein

My son, BJ lives in Prairie du Chein and works for Dependable Solutions. BJ asked me to help with the fundraising efforts of the Dependable Solutions Team in Prairie du Chien for their Relay for Life.  I am donating this quilt in memory of my Dad, Dan Nordeen, who is BJ's grandfather. BJ took several of the photos for this post.  
I chose to donate a very colorful large quilt that I made in 2010 for a quilt challenge.  

 This quilt was entered in the Challenge in the fall of 2010 at the Quilts by Barb's Quilt Retreat.


It was also on display for a 3 month Quilt Show at Organic Valley in La Farge, Wisconsin in the spring of 2011.
It was featured in the first quilting video that I attempted to make for You Tube.  I was demonstrating the Ribbon Quilting with a twist. I say first attempted as it is hard to see the quilting in the video.
I designed the Easy to Sew Pattern for this quilt.  The pattern is available for purchase through my website.  It's an easy to make quilt and it looks artsy and unique.  The pattern explains a simple construction method that creates a "one of a kind" quilt every time you make it.  No two quilts look the same.
 The quilt is queen size and measures 76" by 96". It was made with 100% cotton fabrics and 80/20 cotton/poly batting.
 A multi colored leaf fabric combined with a variety of dyed fabrics were used to create this quilt. It is freestyle quilted with a two color ribbon quilting and leaves with swirls. It is bound with an all machine embroidery binding. The quilt is valued at over $600.
To purchase tickets for the Quilt Raffle - 
You may either go to Prairie du Chein, Wisconsin to 
Dependable Solutions, Inc.
115 East Blackhawk
Prairie du Chein, WI  53821
Or  Mail a check  - $5.00 for six chances or $1.00 for one chance.  Please make checks payable to American Cancer Society.
If you would like to directly donate money to:
Relay for Life - Dependable Solutions Team you can do that online.
Relay for Life in Prairie du Chein is April 27, 2012.


I will share a post later in the week, with two quilts that I just quilted that were made with the Easy to Sew Pattern. Update: Twin Quilts Post.

I was very glad BJ asked me to help with a cause that is so near and dear to my heart, as we lost my Dad to cancer and my Mom has battled cancer.
Sharing for a cause...
Marcia

Links to everything mentioned in this post:
Purchase the Pattern and make your own quilt
You Tube Video - My first Quilting Video
Quilts by Barb's Retreat - Quilt Challenge
Photos of the Easy to Sew Quilt in the Photo Gallery

____________________________________________


Linked with:
Quilting By The River: Linky Party Tuesday - Feb. 14, 2012
The Shady Porch: Rock'NShare - Feb. 15, 2012
The Thrifty Groove: Thrifty Things Friday - Feb. 17, 2012
At The Picket Fence: Inspiration Friday - Feb. 17, 2012
2805: Potpourri Friday - Feb. 17, 2012
My Repurposed Life: Catch as Catch Can - Feb. 17, 2012
Stuff and Nonsense: Fridays Unfolded - Feb. 17, 2012
Amylouwho: Sew & Tell - Feb. 17, 2012
Crazy Mom Quilts: Finish up Friday - Feb. 17, 2012
Richard Quilts: Link a Finish Friday - Feb, 17, 2012 

8 comments:

Belinda said...

That is truly a beautiful and unique quilt and I know it means a lot to you to donate it.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful and special quilt! Donating it is such a wonderful thing, I will have to check out your pattern and can't wait to see your other examples! Thanks for linking it!
Quilting by the River

Unknown said...

Marcia, Every time I see your work I end up thinking, "I love quilts." They are all so beautiful. This one is beautiful in so many ways...
Thanks for sharing!

VickiT said...

Wow. What a gorgeous quilt. I LOVE IT! You've used my favorite combination of colors in that one.

Linda said...

beautiful quilt, the colors, design, quilting all are wonderful

Diann said...

What a beautiful quilt Marcia! and how generous of you to donate it for a wonderful cause! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gorgeous!!! Those colors are just stunning, and the quilting - oh la la!!! Great job

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Beautiful quilt for a wonderful cause! Thanks for sharing @ ccc. I'll be sharing this tonight.
gail