Saturday, March 16, 2013

Another Quilt Block Completed Plus 2 More!

On Thursday,  Kim shared a new quilt block, "Broken Pinwheels" from Shannon of Fabrics N Quilts.

I started mine on Thursday night and completed it on Friday.



This is a really cool block!  Thanks Shannon for sharing.



Broken Pinwheels and my Spool Blocks from Tuesday.

All my quilt blocks to this point.  Blocks 1 through Block 10. We are at the halfway mark of the Quilt Along.


I was "blog reading" the other day and found a cool block that I am going to add to my blocks.  It was on another Quilt Along called "Moda Friendship Quilt Along".  Click HERE for the link to the quilt block.

I decided it was a perfect addition to my blocks, as I had so many little pieces when I cut my scrappy fabrics.



I added some pink prints to my blocks. I cut the center square on an angle to give it a little different look.



It was only a 9 1/2 inch blocks, so I added a border.



I liked it so much, I made another one this morning at 6am -- (when I couldn't sleep).



I switched some of the colors around in this one and made it less scrappy than the first one.



I added them to the other quilt blocks.



I think they make a nice addition to the blocks. I may add other blocks as I find them.  I wanted to have my Favorite Block in the quilt too!

Enjoy!
Marcia


My Favorite Block Quilt Along

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

All the blocks are great Marcia!!

Betsy said...

Marcia your blocks look great together. The owl really makes it pop. I love it.

Belinda said...

Wow! That's really looking awesome!