Monday, April 6, 2015

Quilt Block Four of the Vacation Time Quilt by Pat Sloan

Block Four is named Penny Arcade.

I am making both of my quilts scrappy and I am really having fun pulling from my fabric stash. 

The first one with blue tiny prints and blue batiks with light tiny prints for the background fabric.




This background for my blue quilt is different than the other three, I have used for Block 1-3, but it will work!






I love the blue tiny prints with the batik fabrics!


I used some of my dishes fabrics on this block. I did not fussy cut it, as I like the look of it, off centered.




My second quilt is made with blues, purples, and greenish blues, prints and batiks, with a soft dyed background. I found another background fabric. The one on the far left.  It is lighter, but I think it will fit in perfectly.




When I made quilt block one, I loved it so much that I grabbed some fabrics from my stash and made another quilt block. Then I added the block to the left of quilt block one with all the rest of the scraps, cut into tiny squares.  At this point, I wasn't making a second quilt.  I was thinking it might be a table topper or quilt it and make a bag, but now I am making two quilts!




I am really glad that I am making 2 sets of quilt blocks! 





Thanks again, Pat Sloan for such a cool mystery quilt - Vacation Time Quilt.  I LOVE all the quilt blocks!

You can still join in on the fun of making the Vacation Time Quilt. Pat shares a Quilt Block each month. Click Here.

Click Here to see everyone's Quilt Block 4 - Penny Arcade. I am linking up my post there too!

Click Here to see all my past posts about the Quilt Blocks I made with Pat's Pattern. The link will take you to my March Quilt Blocks and then there are links in the post for Jan. and Feb. Quilt Blocks.

Enjoy!

Marcia

2 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

You are really getting two very different quilts. They're both beautiful.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here:
Yes, these are beautiful, both of them.
I am making two blocks for our BOM in our quilt group too. Really fun results.... especially when you can't decided on fabric for one block haha. Also great for making blocks with fabrics you just want to use up and found some good combinations
These looks terrific. I love this block