Sunday, March 13, 2011

Come Fly with Me!

For Challenge 5-Flying Geese I based my Project for Project Quilting on the art work of graphic artist MC Escher (Maurits Cornelis Escher).  I found the two pieces of artwork on Google images and decided I could place triangles in a similar pattern to create a cool design on the front of the quilted bag.  I used orange and purple for my complimentary colors. Then I decided I needed extra borders to make it larger and added the strips in a log cabin fashion creating a step like design element to the sides of the bag.  Then I repeated the V on the back of the bag - upside down.   My original plan was to make a small passport bag for myself, but I was having so much fun with the triangles, I decided I had to make a larger bag. So when I quilted my large bag fabric piece,  I also quilted a little flying geese design of on black and white fabric to use to create my small passport bag. My Fly Bag is about 14" wide by  15" deep.  I used a poly batting to make it a little lighter as I will pack it full for flying.  I don't have a passport yet as that is another long story... I plan to eventually apply for one, but it seems I never do it!  Maybe next week!

Enjoy your day!

Marcia


3 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

It is a very cool bag; you'll just have to make that transport one to match...and maybe that will give you the umph to get that passport!

Chris Daly said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

knitsewjo said...

What a great abstraction of your Escher inspirations! I love it, too! (And, of course, you needed another bag!) Hugs - Jo (CD's mom from the Homestead)