Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Hard-waring" O' the Green and a Quilt!


I was looking for a green quilt photo this morning.  I remembered that my brother Marty and I dressed in green for the St. Patty's Day Parade in Fox Lake, Wisconsin representing JoDan's Pro Hardware, our family business.  I was 16 and Marty was 8. Of course I made my skirt and apron.  O' the good old days! Happy St. Patty's Day to all!


I did find a quilt too.  I made it in 2010 using the Easy to Sew Quilt Pattern and  Quilts by Barb's hand dyed fabrics.  The quilt colors were built around a green dyed fabric that was part of quilt challenge from Barb's Retreat.  I chose a multi-colored dyed fabric with black leaves for the focus fabric.

This quilt was also featured in the first You Tube Video that I created about Ribbon Quilting.  The quilting machine is too noisy and I learned alot about what not to do!  I guess you have to start somewhere....





2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

Oh, that looks so pretty. I love it!! I like your photo of when you were kids too. Stephen and I watched our little local parade today. Love these small town parades!

Chris Daly said...

You look so cute in this photo. thanks for bringing a smile to my face.