Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - Embroidery Stitched Greeting Cards

Update:  This tutorial is now available in as a PDF Downloadable Tutorial
Click Here is the link to all of my patterns

Before I made the photo quilt note cards, I made embroidery stitched greeting cards.  


Perfect item for Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - Shows you stuff I used to do, before I quilted full time.


I didn't sell the cards.  I just taught classes on how to make them.  I made them for friends and family.  I still make them for my Mom. 
  
I found the photos under Quilts from 2004 and 2005. When I made them back then, I stitched right onto the folded card and it showed on the inside.  I now stitch onto a smaller card stock and attached it with double stick tape to the folded card.  Then you don't see all the stitching.  Looks much neater.  I would make them for all occasions, but I would always make one with scraps from a quilt that was a gift.  I think that made it more personal.  


Try them - They are fun to make! This would be a great project to do during "May for Me".  


You can click on the photos to make them larger.  See more photos at the link above.







I added a few of these pictures to my Flicker Group.  Please feel free to add quilts and quilted projects of your own designs to the group.  You are invited to upload your photos at Crafty Sewing Hodgepodge Patchwork.



3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

great cards, particularly love the kite.

Miss Hillbilly said...

They look fun and quick...my kind of craft!

Chris Daly said...

I just ran across the card you sent me when you quilted Matt's quilt way back when :)