Monday, April 8, 2013

Getting Up Close with My Quilting --- Paisley Swirls for Vicki

I am back!

My Mom had surgery and I have been with her. It worked out perfectly for Kim from Eggo in the Oven to Guest Post about her "Little Biz" during my absence.  First, I want to thank Kim for filling in for me and second, I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments.  I forwarded them on the Kim!

Today, I am sharing a quilt and quilting for a customer with Paisley Swirls. Vicki is one of my followers.  We met through commenting!


I stitched in Vicki's name and the year she made the quilt.  I was able to swirl around her name and create a heart. 


Vicki's quilt was lap size, so I spread it out on the dining room table, that way you can see all the blocks.


The purple thread shows up nicely on the black borders.




Vicki chose the Quilter's Blenders Purple for the backing fabric.



I made something for my Mom and I am going to share it tomorrow night for Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday.

Glad to be back!  Enjoy your day!
Marcia

6 comments:

Kim said...

This is so pretty! So excited your back - it was nice to write, but I also LOVE seeing your quilting / what you create!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Kim did a lovely job. Glad you are back, but more importantly that your Mom is soing better. Lovely quilt and the quilting really accent it so nicely. Nice job Vicki - and Marcia.

Betsy said...

Vickie's quilt is beautiful and you did a fabulous job quilting it.

Linda said...

Vicki's quilt is great and your quilting just brings it to life. I'm glad you are back but also that your Mom is doing better too. So happy for you. I can't wait to see what you made and what you'll be sharing tonight.

VickiT said...

OOh I really love the way you did all the quilting on my quilt Marcia. (please do not ask because, no it still has no binding :( )

As you can tell, I am WAY behind on my emails as I am just now catching up on your blog and just now saw this. oops. Your quilting really did make my quilt seem like it came to life. I really love my first quilt so much more now. Thank you for doing such a great job for me Marcia.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Vicki made a beautiful quilt and your quilting really made it pop!!