Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hodgepodge Patchwork on Wednesday --- More Quilt Blocks

Last week at the Quilt Retreat I completed more quilt blocks for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along


You may see some that are not in the Quilt Along, as I am adding some of my favorite blocks and I am making some changes too!

I started with the Stripper Block. Click Here for the instructions.


I started with the 6 1/2" quilt block.




This was a fun block to make!








I added it to the wall of quilt blocks.


Then I made the 12 1/2" Block.






I liked doing the larger block, because I could add more fabric strips.




I added it to the wall.  Cool!  I love all the blues!


Next I made the Yankee Puzzle Block. Click here for the instructions.




I put together two 6 1/2" blocks.


I added them to the wall.

But I must have measured or cut something wrong as mine measured 7 inch and I can't trim or I will loose the points.

I decided to add two borders to make them 12 1/2" blocks.








I added them to the wall and I really LOVE them.  The borders look great around the blocks.


See the quilt block on the bottom left in the photo. It is not one of the quilt blocks for the Quilt Along.  While I was at the Quilt Retreat, I visited a resale shop that had quilt patterns and sewing notions. In 1998, I made a blue star quilt using the pre cut blocks from JoAnn's Fabrics.  Do you remember the pre cut kits?


I bought 4 block kits for only $2.00 each.  When I opened up this package up, it was already completed!  I added it to my wall of blocks.  I love it!


My wall of blocks is looking great!  I still have more to make.  I missed a couple from 3 weeks ago and I need to do this week's blocks for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along.



I can't wait to create at the end of my work day!

Did you see Tuesday's block?

Click here.  
My quilt block is going to be so cool with the blue fabrics!


I have not forgot about the May for Me Celebration.
I will share about it tomorrow! 
Don't miss the Giveaways!  There will be one every week!


Enjoy your day!
Marcia

2 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

The blocks are looking great, love what you are doing in blues.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful blue quilt - and the layout is great!