Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What is the May for Me Celebration?

It all started two years ago, Tonya from Hillbilly Handiworks and I were reading each others blogs and commenting back and forth.  We were chatting about how life gets soooo busy, it is hard to find time for ourselves. I run my own quilting business and sometimes I can be a pretty tough boss! No free time until the work gets done! 
Together, we decided to declare the whole month of May ..... for Me! 


Last year, we teamed up with Vrooman's Quilts and Lily Pad Quilting and with 4 blogs we hosted a huge May for Me Bingo Game!  It was a lot of work and a lot of fun, but no one found much time to play.

I have been very busy this year with my family and my quilting business, so I decided the May for Me Celebration needed to go back to what it started out as...

finding a 5 minutes to play...
and sharing a post or two about it... 
and hosting some giveaways!

That makes this the 3rd May for Me Celebration!

And what is it?  
It is very simple:   Take 5 minutes to play each day.

If you do this the whole month of May, you will find time to play everyday the rest of your life.  Most times, when you find 5 minutes here and there to have fun, you will find another 5 minutes later in the day and some days lots of time for you! It feels good to take time to play, to create, and to relax. That's it! It's simple!

During the May for Me Celebration, I will host a Giveaway every week!

I will share and post a few things that I am doing to take time for me! 


How can you "participate" in the May for Me Celebration?

It's simple --- You can add the May for Me Button to your sidebar and share at least one post about taking time to play - Minutes for you - in May.



Join in on the fun of the May for Me Celebration 
and 
 Add your Blog Link (name of your blog), 
BUT first please... 
Grab the May for Me Button 
in the sidebar of my blog.

You must include my bloglink on your blog 
in order to link up at the linky party 
for the May for Me Celebration.

http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/


I will have another Linky Party for sharing what you are doing for the Minutes for you!  I will explain more about that later. You will be able to share a link or two every week.  Make sure you have the May for Me Button in your post with the link to my blog, so others can find out about May for Me and share too! 

The fun has just begun! It's almost May!

May for Me!
Marcia

Click Here to Link Up your Blog.




3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Got my post up and my linky added.

Lida said...

So sorry, that I cannot join! Going on vacation in May! Do not know if there is a possibility to use the laptop and so I wish all the others lots of fun!
Greetings
Lida

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'd love to participate, but, I'll be gone the whole first week of May, then, I have to disassemble my sewing area, so that my son can have his room back for the summer. Not sure if I'll get any sewing done in May :( Boy, will I be behind.