Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday's Scraps --- Baby Burp Rags

UPDATE: Craftsy PDF Pattern Only $1.00

Visit Marcia Wachuta - Crafty Sewing and Quilting's Craftsy Pattern Store »




I belong to a Fabric Destash Group on Facebook.  I have been selling fabrics (destashing) and I am buying fabrics (replenishing).  You know I am going to be a Grandma, so it was time to make some burp rags from some of the pretty new fabrics.  



This is a perfect post for Sunday Scraps because the fat quarters I bought where someone's scraps!



I did not make them with the hour glass shape as this is the size I made them years ago and I really liked having more fabric on my shoulder.


This little bird fabric was so cute!


My daughter and her husband will love the blueberries!


You always have to have butterflies.


When I bought the vintage looking baby carriages, I had no idea what I would use it for.  It is perfect for the burp rags!



Mailed them out on Friday.  Can't wait from them to get them!



Enjoy your day!
Marcia

Update:  Leave me a comment, if you want me to post my simple instructions in a tutorial, during the May for Me Celebration.

Related Links:

Fabric Destash Facebook Group - you can ask to join.


Click here to sign up for the May for Me Celebration.

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

They are all so sweet - and you can't have enough burb clothes. Love anything with little birdies, but the vintage baby carriage fabric - oh, swoon!

Linda said...

I'm with Sharon! That Baby Carriage fabric is sooo adorable! I have some baby fabric scraps that I don't need. I can send them to you if you want them :)

Tammy said...

Cute fabrics. I know the parents will be thrilled you defininitely can never have too many burp cloths...

Betsy said...

Marcia, those are great! There are 4 teachers at my school having babies and I would so love to make some for them. Is there a tutorial?

JudyC said...

My grandbabies are now having babies!!! How did that happen so fast!!!!

Burps are cute. Would live a tutorial if there is one.

elnorac said...

Cute! I'd love to see a tutorial! I'm particularly curious whether you just use two layers of fabric or three. Can you tell who doesn't know a thing about babies? ;)

Diann said...

I'd love to see your instructions. I often make these in a different shape as baby gifts and would like to compare.

Kathy ~~~ said...

I'd love a tutorial. Yours turned out really cute.

Jan said...

Your fabrics are adorable! I make burp bibs too. I use terry cloth on the back, and put bias binding around the edges. I like your finished edges. Do you sew right sides together and turn, then topstitch? And do you have a third layer of anything in there? Too cute!