Monday, April 29, 2013

Getting Up Close with My Quilting

 I finally quilted and stitched the binding on my Scrappy Trip Along Place Mats. They are made with  Bonnie Hunter's Construction Method.  I made one block and added more rows to make it a rectangle.




I worked on the binding, while I was at the Quilt Retreat. 


I stitched with a cute little embroidery stitch to finish the binding.


The quilting is a small meandering with a twist.  The twist are the daisies.


The fabric scraps are from my table topper quilt. I made it in January for one of the Project Quilting Challenges.  Click here for the link to my posts about the table topper.


This is a full view of the table topper from that challenge.


In January, I gathered the scraps and started a few scrappy trip along blocks.


I added to the blocks to make them longer to make them place mats.






They are perfect for my table.



Have you linked up your blog for the May for Me Celebration?





Enjoy your day!

Marcia

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Marcia, these placemats are wonderful.can you add them to your tutorial list? How many more rows did you need to add?

gpc said...

They are beautiful, and I love the colors!

VickiT said...

They look great Marcia.

Freddie said...

Love the place mats and I too would like to know how to make them.