Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Celebration Quilt Top is Completed !


I am so happy that I finished my quilt top.  I started this quilt at Barb's Quilt Retreat in November of last year.




My Mom and I picked all the fabrics last fall.  This quilt will be our donation quilt for this year.  We make one in memory of my Dad every year.  We will give it to the Fireside Dinner Theater to raffle for their fundraising efforts for Rainbow Hospice of Jefferson County - Wisconsin.

This is what it looked like before yesterday.



Then it started to come together...




Border? color? size?


I chose one black border and then black and red fabric for the final border.  I will bind with black.




It is about 90" X 90".  I will quilt it in May!

I am so pleased.

Onto the next project...

Enjoy your day!

Marcia

9 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

'I just want to Celebrate!' Congrats on the quilt top. It will make a great donation/raffle quilt. Love those colors, even if they aren't your usual blues.

Trish Frankland said...

That icanthus fabric you used for the funky four-patch ROCKS! I love the circles it made!

Quiltsmiles said...

WOW! What a gorgeous quilt that I hope will make loads of money for there raffle. Beautifully done. Jane

Betsy said...

Congratulations. It is beautiful

Lida said...

Fabulous!! It is great and I love the way you finished it! Greetings
Lida

Ruth Ann said...

Great job! What a nice way to remember your Dad.

VickiT said...

That's such a pretty quilt Marcia. I really love the fabric with the music design and roses too.

How is your Mom doing anyway?

pcooper said...

Beautiful quilt - great job, love the colors

Linda said...

This looks great! I love the colors and the fabrics that you chose. A lovely way to remember your Dad...