Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday - Kim's My Favorite Block Quilt Along

It started today, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 and it will continue through the end of April.

Hop over by clicking HERE to see the schedule of each the blocks.  On Kim's Blog ----- Scroll all the way down. Read the whole post.  It will explain how it all works. The first post about the first block has been posted and you will find it there too. If you have questions -- Leave a comment for Kim on her blog and she answer your question.

Also there will be a link you can click on in my sidebar to get you directly to Kim's Blog Persimon Dreams

I chose my fabrics. I am going to use my tiny print blue fabrics! Some of you who sent me fabric scraps you may see some in the photo. 


My favorite blues are these three. I only have a little piece of the top two prints and I have yards of the blue and white floral one on the bottom.




I love all the details in the prints. Yes, I am going to add prints with colors too.


These prints have a little yellow, pink, green, and even a bit of red.


I choose lites, mediums, and darks of the blue prints.  That will give my quilt a nice contrast between the fabrics for creating the quilt blocks.


The nice part about creating my quilt with scrappy fabrics is I won't run out.  I can always add more prints, as long as they are similar.

Join in the fun and participate in the Quilt Along.

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday from now til the end of April will be updates on my blocks for the Quilt Along.  I will share my progress each week.

Enjoy your day!
Marcia

5 comments:

Maria Kievit said...

Love all the blues and colours you've picked out. I'm going to check out the persimmon blog and see what it's all about!

Donna said...

Oh my you sure have some beautiful fabrics, and lots of them. Can't wait to see everyone finished quilts.

Kim said...

Uh oh- going to have to check out this fun quilt along now! :) thanks for sharing, marcia - and love the little blues!

Debbie said...

Floral fabrics and blue.....my favorites and you can't go wrong. Looking forward to what you have planned.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What fabric goodness!