Monday, January 21, 2013

True Blues

This week's Quilt Challenge is "My Favorite Color" for Project Quilting.  Kim has added a FAQs page. Hop over and check it out.

Of course, my favorite color is blue and you would think this would be an easy choice for me.  I love blues!

I am working with my tiny blue prints for the My Favorite Block Quilt Along.

Wonky Log Cabin - Block 1 and Road to Oklahoma - Block 2 

Last week, I choose to create my Marcia Squared table cloth quilt using blue fabrics and blue thread.

 Cool!  I get to create with more blues!  I have a ton of blue fabric.  I pulled out some beautiful fabrics that my daughter bought for me when she was in college in Taiwan.  But I don't think I can cut them.




I even thought about using some of the blue tiny prints.


Maybe I had too many choices of blues...

I bought this next group of fabrics from a quilting friend on the facebook fabric destash page this past summer. (you can click on the link to the page and ask to join the group -- it is a closed group in facebook.)

I knew when I bought it, I would save it for the perfect quilted project.  She had made a quilt and these are her scraps!  I love her scraps!


I laid out the blue fabrics onto white fabric, because we are to combine our favorite color with white, but no other colors.  The white makes a very nice contrast, but....


I think it needs a white that has a little bit more interest.




I like it!  I like it alot!


I pressed and starched my fabric. Then I started to cut some strips. I have a tentative plan of direction for this quilted project, but I am not positive.  I may dream up something else overnight.


I was able to sew a little bit this afternoon, but I hope to find more than 15 minutes tomorrow night.  We will have leftovers from today for dinner, so that will help me find more time at the end of the day to sew!

Hope you can find time to play, to create, and to sew!

What is your favorite color?

Enjoy!
Marcia

1 comment:

Donna said...

Marcia, how did I know you would choose blue. Blue is a very beautiful color and you have made some very lovely things with yours. You have got me wanting to cut into those old jeans I've been saving forever. The blues you have picked for this challenge are beautiful and I eager to see what you plan on doing with them.