Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday "Scraps Completed"

You know I am doing the Scrappy Trip Along Flicker and Bonnie Hunter.  Well I am hooked!

I am having so much fun sewing together strips of scraps of my fabrics.  I had scraps leftover from my daughter's table runners from her wedding last summer. I thought it would be nice to sew the scraps together and make something for her. 


Of course, I kept all the scraps, plus some other scraps, all in a ziplock baggie.




Started with one and then decided I needed 4 blocks to make a table topper.




Then I decided I needed a couple mug rugs as there were still scraps leftover.


Quilted them.


I used a couple different cream fabrics for the binding. I am using all my scraps for these projects.


I added some vintage plates to get the idea of how it will look with my daughter's plates.


It even looks great with this 50's vintage pink plate! This plate reminds me of the counter tops from when I was a little girl.


Added some tea cups to photo the mug rugs.


I stitched my name and the year into the quilting on the mug rugs and on the table topper.


She can use the table topper on either side. I used the leftover green fabrics too!


I am sure she will love the quilted pieces all made from scraps!

I will share more about the cream quilted table topper that I placed under the green ones later in February.


Thanks Bonnie Hunter for the great scrappy ideas.  Thanks Kim from Persimon Dreams for sharing the links to the Scrappy Trip Along.  I am going to post some of my photos on the Flicker site at The Scrappy Trip Along

Having fun scrapping!
Marcia



7 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty Marcia...you do beautiful work! I too joined the hoopla on trip around the world and currently am in the process of quilting it.

Jodi said...

Very nice! I love the muted pink with the greens and browns.

Donna said...

Beautiful quilting and colors.

Betsy said...

Those are fabulous Marcia.i know she will love them. I remember when you were making all this e runners too.

Jocelyn said...

Great idea! Love the colors.

DeAnna said...

Very nice. I love the color combinations of the browns, pinks, and greens. Your quilting looks wonderful.

PersimonDreams said...

looks gorgeous! I'm glad you had fun joining in the scrappytripalong!